Behavioural Safety Manager
12:50 PM Why we do what we do: Making the connection between culture, safety and business performance
• Defining culture
• What is the role of leadership in shaping safety culture?
• Compliance base culture vs. desire based culture
• Starting the transformation conversation – Group activity
Everyone seems to have an opinion about the Millennial Generation – positive, negative, or otherwise. Regardless of your opinion, it is difficult to deny that there is a blossoming generation in our industry who grew up in a different environment than the preceding generations. These differences invariably lead to a generation with different perspectives, priorities, and practices. As leaders driving operational excellence within our organizations, it is imperative to understand, embrace, and leverage these differences to maximize our performance. Matt DiGeronimo reflect on his experience working with millennials in the military and the energy industry and presents ideas and suggestions for leading this generation.
This insightful and inspiring presentation will focus on:
• Establishing a mission, a vision, and a purpose for this generation
• Maximizing organizational transparency and accessibility
• Creating an organizational humility that not only listens to its youngest members but wants to listen
• Figuratively flatten the organizational chart by ensuring senior leaders remain engaged with this generation